We've all been guilty of holding on to our beloved lipstick and eye liner, especially the ones that cost us a pretty penny. But did you know that makeup actually expires?! To make sure the makeup you are applying to your face is safe and effective to use, follow this handy makeup expiry list and tips that you can use to keep track of expiration dates.
- Gel eyeliner: 6- 8 months
- A pencil eyeliner: 1 year
Mascara: 3-6 months
Blush, eye shadow, and other powder cosmetics: 1-2 years
Foundation: 6 months to 2 years
- Foundation packaged in a pot: 6 months
- Pump formula: 1-2 years
Lipstick: 2 years
Natural products: 3-6 months
When in doubt, always check for a printed expiration date on the products you are using. The expiration date will be displayed in one of two ways:
Keep track of when your makeup expires by:
1. Label your makeup with the exact expiration dates. Download yours here.
2. Keep a chart of your makeup expiration dates. Get your free printable chart here.
3. Let technology do the hard work for you. Keep up with your makeup expiration dates with apps like Beauty Keeper.